Today in Memphis, our beloved Hi-Tone returns (as does Josh Pastner), an armored truck appears out of nowhere, and Memphis is all over Jeopardy this afternoon.
All of that and more is in today's Memphis news update.
Today's photo is from Instagrammer @crystalchick. If you'd like to see your photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis on Instagram.
– First, a huge piece of news for music fans: the Hi-Tone is back! In a Facebook post, owner Jonathan Kiersky announced that they've signed a lease at 412 – 414 Cleveland, right next to Crosstown Arts. Yay!
– Also coming back: Memphis Tiger's coach Josh Pastner, who signed a contract extension yesterday.
– Want to know what it's like to be in Justin Timberlake's backing band? Memphis guitarist Elliott Ives spilled the details on Idolator.
– Attention, sound nerds: My Side of the Glass has a very thorough guide to acheiving that classic Memphis soul sound.
– If you've always wanted to see an armored truck appear out of nowhere, you'll get your chance at FedExForum tomorrow night.
– The Memphis Music Hall of Fame is a category on Jeopardy this afternoon, so you'd better get those questions right.
Know of something happening in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.