Today in Memphis, we've got two new music and art spaces, a tap takeover, tuba serenades and an infectious grin. All of that and more is in your Monday Memphis news update.
A reminder, spotted on South Main by @thegreatwhitecolton. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, all you have to do is tag them #ilovememphis.
– I know the Rudy Gay trade is last week's news, but if you haven't read this Grantland piece about the deal, you should.
– Nothing says love like a tuba serenade. For Valentines Day, you can enlist some enterprising U of M music students to deliver card, some chocolates and a tuba serenade to your sweetie.
– Starting at 7 p.m. tonight, Brooklyn Brewery is taking over the taps at both Flying Saucer locations. They'll have 10 different beers from the New York-based brewery at $3 each (because tonight is pint night).
– Attention, ladies (especially ladies who shop at the same places I shop): Madewell is coming to Memphis.
– Here's a picture of Shaq Goodwin grinning. See, now you're grinning, too.
– Didn't get enough football food last night? Hog and Hominy is serving Frito Pie today (with homemade Fritos, of course) as long as it lasts.
Help me make ILM better: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.