Today, we should ask Detroit on a date, speculate about the bands coming to Beale St. Music Fest and try to hit a half court shot for free tater tots.
All of that and more ideas for things to do with your free time in today's Memphis news update.
Photo by @billsimmers via Instagram. If you'd like to see your Memphis insta-photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
- Today in nonsensical city rankings, Memphis is apparently one of the U.S.'s least romantic cities. Maybe we should ask fellow low rankers Detroit, Indianapolis, El Paso and New York City (which, what?) on a date.
- If last year's system holds true, here's a (probably pretty accurate) speculative list of who's going to be at this year's Beale St. Music Fest.
- Attention downtowners: you no longer have to go to East Memphis for your Gas Station Sushi. Lee's Fresh Sushi (the same kind) is now sold at the BP on Riverside Drive.
- Meet Grizzlies promoter Jason Potter, aka, the genius who brought the chance to win a lifetime supply of Sonic tater tots to the FedExForum.
- Scavenger hunt: see if you can find Binghampton's secret sculpture garden.
Tell me something: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.