Happy slightly warmer Wednesday, y'all.
Today in Memphis, we've got big wins for Memphis music, a super cool job opportunity, improved civic communications and a party that you need to be sure to attend. What we don't have is an ice storm, thank God.
But first, check out this sweet Piggly Wiggly-inspired art:
Thanks, @karengolightly for sharing this (and for tagging it #ilovememphis). If you'd like to see your photos here, do the same – tag them #ilovememphis on Instagram.
– Did you survive our two-day bout with icy insanity? The CA claims that there was "assorted mayhem" but no major problems during the storm that wasn't really a storm. I'm sure I wasn't alone in being a little panicked and staying in my house last night – I remember 1994.
– This is awesome: Memphis soul legends the Bar-Kays are performing at President Obama's second inaugural gala.
– In other Memphis music news, NPR's World Cafe can't get enough of us. They're running a week-long series on Memphis and our music.
– Voting is still open for Southern Living's Tastiest Towns competition. If you haven't voted yet, do it. Or, come do it at the voting party at Hog and Hominy tomorrow night from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Hang out with local chefs, try samples of H&H's amazing food and enjoy drink specials and door prizes.
– Looking for an awesome job? The Metal Museum is looking for a blacksmith's apprentice.
– Lastly, don't forget that we're hosting a very special live streaming video chat with the one, the only Coach Josh Pastner on Friday at 10:30 a.m., right here on I Love Memphis. Get your questions in now to make sure they get asked.
Help me make ILM Awesome: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.