Today in Memphis, we've got free pie, the best music in the NBA, and a goodbye to the legendary Mr. Chuck. All of that and more is in your Tuesday Memphis news update.
But first, check out this photo of the National Civil Rights Museum's MLK Day festivities by @kgreenesm.
If you'd like to see your Instagram photos featured on ILM, tag them #ilovememphis.
– This happened last week, but I wanted to take a second to say a proper goodbye to Mr. Chuck, beloved WKNO TV host and friend to all. He will be missed.
– On a lighter note, don't forget that tomorrow is free pie day (seriously) at Muddy's Bakeshop.
– Starting tonight, two intrepid local journalists are setting out to try to figure out what makes Memphis' heart beat faster for basketball, and they need your help.
– Speaking of basketball, Basketball Jones has an excellent story about the the guys at FedExForum who provide the best in-game music in the NBA.
– It's Tuesday. Have an ethusiastic, if not terribly accurate, ETA.
– The Commercial Appeal's paywall is down at the moment, if only temporarily. Go nuts!
– The 19th Century Club (aka, that gorgeous old house on Union by the Taco Bell) is up for auction, but there's a petition to save it.
Help me make ILM Awesome: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.