Today in Memphis, we've got (possible) snow, new Overton Square developments, a feel good story involving Lady the Beale St. dog and an opportunity to prove that our food is better than everyone else's food.
So crank the new Justin Timberlake single and check out this Memphis news update:
Instagrammer @meghugsyou caught this cheerleader in section 221 at the FedExForum during a Grizzlies. Grind on, cheerleader, grind on. If you'd like you see your Instagram photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– In case you've missed all of the panic, there's a severe winter weather warning for this afternoon. Freezing rain and maybe, possibly some snow is expected in Memphis this afternoon. Please be careful if you're heading out.
– Memphis is in competition to be one of Southern Living's Tastiest Towns. The only way we're going to kick the pants off of New Orleans, Austin and Louisville is if you cast a vote for the home team.
– Today's feel good story: Lady, Beale St.'s favorite mutt, has found a forever home.
– In film news, Memphis football documentary "Undefeated" is coming out on DVD tomorrow, and "Nothing Can Hurt Me" (the Big Star documentary) could get a theatrical release.
– In food news, Cosmic Coconut is opening a forever store in their MemFix pop-up shop space in Overton Sqaure. It's going to be a yoga and dance studio with a cafe serving Cosmic Coconut juices, smoothies and snacks.
– This whole us vs. Nashville thing is getting a little "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!", no?
I can't do it alone: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.