Today in Memphis, we've got a State of the City recap, a Western Conference All-Star, sweet throwback hoodies, and more cargo than most other places. Here's your Friday Memphis news update.
Todays photo is a sign spotted on Cooper by @stefanieholmes72. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis. The weirder, the better.
– First up, Lifeblood is in desperate need of donors with A negative and B negative blood. To donate, you have to be 17 or older and weigh at least 115 pounds. Find a blood donation center here.
– Congrats to Z-Bo on grabbing a reserve spot on the Western Conference All-Star team.
– If you missed Mayor Wharton's State of the City address this morning, the Flyer has a recap.
– A reason to feel proud whenever you FedEx something: Memphis may not have the busiest cargo airport in the world anymore, but we're still number one in the U.S.
– Girls (like this one) go for guys who wear sweet throwback hoodies from Ardent Records.
– Congrats to Soulsville. The south Memphis neighborhood is the recipient of a $250,000 grant to bring wireless broadband access to the neighborhood.
– Opentable.com has confirmed what all of us already know: Restaurant Iris and Chez Philippe are the places to go when you need to lay on the romance.
Help me make ILM Awesome: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.