Today in Memphis, congratulate more U of M graduates than ever, try to get cast on two reality shows, find out where recycle your holiday greenery and find the perfect gift for the Grizz fan who has everything.
Photo by @floydtrane via Instagram. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Your friends may have all of the Grizzlies t-shirts, Z-Bo headbands and Growl Towels they can handle, but do they have the Grizzlies' old practice court? Now they can (it's only $13,000!).
– Congratulations to all 4,322 of the University of Memphis students that graduated / will graduate this year as part of the school's largest graduating class ever.
– The old Two Way will still be called the Two Way, but the diviest of all dive bars (on Cooper, south of Central) is getting new life as a diner.
– Don't leave your Christmas tree sad and abandoned on the curb this year – Shelby County is opening a tree recycling center on Dec. 22.
– Are you the culinary king or queen of Memphis? There's a new competition-based reality show that's looking for you.
– If you're not a chef but still have reality show hopes, "America's Got Talent" is holding audtions in Memphis on Dec. 11 at the Cook Convention Center. Pre-register for the casting here.
– Memphis' Imagine Vegan Cafe is up for one of Peta2's Libby Awards for Best Vegan Local Restaurant. If you think our vegan food can best that of Maryland, New York and Oregon, vote here.
– Lastly, one of my favorite Memphis movies of all time, the Oscar-winning high school football documentary "Undefeated" is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray in February.
I can't do it without you: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter.