Happy trinumeral day! Make a wish or do something awesome. But before you go do that awesome thing, check out this Memphis news:
I love my friend Melissa W.'s photo of the Buddhist temple on Jefferson Ave. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Easily the biggest news (so far this week): the Hi-Tone, Midtown's greatest rock'n'roll venue, is closing. I shared my thoughts about it yesterday, but you should also check out this post from Memphis Rock City.
– Here's the U of M's very first Big East football schedule.
– If you need some new clothes (or want to go nuts on some holiday shopping), Lansky is giving away a $350 gift card good at Lansky Bros., Lucky Duck and Lansky 126.
– Another reason to love Tony Allen and Z-Bo: they hosted a holiday shopping spree for 200 kids from the Memphis Boys & Girls Club.
– If you're in Memphis and hoping to get your hands on that last batch of Twinkies, tough luck.
– Lastly, Kooky Canuck is having a half-price gift card sale ($50 cards for $25) starting tomorrow (Dec. 13) at 11 a.m. You have to buy them in person.
I can't do it without you: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter.