Today in Memphis, go outside while it's still warm, pick up BSMF three-day passes and get your holiday side dishes made for you. Also, take a look inside the Hotel Chisca.
But first, check out this photo of hundreds of Santas bellying up to the Coyote Ugly bar from the annual Stumbling Santa Pub Crawl.
Photo by @jmwarnerphoto via Instagram. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– I'm not one to hate on 70 degree weather, but it is a little strange in December. At least we're not alone (the whole country is warm, according to this rather forceful infographic). Things should be back to normal later this week.
– Since it's so warm, take advantage of the first run / walk / bike night at Starry Nights tonight. Every Monday, the light show closes to cars so that you can run, walk, skate or bike through the twinkling wonderland.
– Pre-sale three-day passes for the annual Beale St. Music Festival (in May) are on sale now for $65. If you're sure you want to go, go ahead and buy tickets before the price rises.
– If you give her 48 hours notice, Suhair Lauck and the Little Tea Shop crew will make your holiday side dishes. She'll even prepare them in your cookware so that your family is none the wiser.
– Lastly, if you've ever wondered what the inside of the Chisca looks like, now you know.
If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter.