Today in Memphis, the Majestic Giftcard sale is on, the Grizzlies have a special, there's a list of World AIDS Day events, and two Memphis artists are headed to Sweden to carve a hotel room out of ice.
But first, this car with Tony Allen-inspired bumper stickers was parked outside of Otherlands this morning:
– Attention, fans of cheap food: Majestic Grille's annual gift card sale is happening today. You can pick up $50 gift cards for $25 from 8 a.m. today until they run out. You have to buy them in person and you can't use them until after January 2, but it's still a great deal.
– World AIDS day is Saturday, Dec. 1. If you'd like to participate, here's a list of all of the Memphis events.
– Today's Inspiring Moment in Civic Engagement: a college student is the youngest person to ever be elected to Millington's board of Aldermen.
– Proof that the Indie Memphis Film Festival is always getting better: this year's fest saw a 38 percent increase in attendance.
– This is cool (no pun intended): two Memphis artists are building a room at the IceHotel in Sweden.
– The Grizzlies are having a special downtown night on Dec. 19. You can get a ticket to the game, free food and beverages and a t-shirt for $50 – $100 (depending on the seats).
– The Liberty Bowl is coming up soon, but which teams are playing is still a mystery.
If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter.