Today in Memphis, we mourn the end of our NBA season, Lisa Marie signs her new CD, local architects show off their houses and more Monday news you can use:
– Alas, poor Grizzlies. No ammount of towel waving and believing could save us. That said, it was a great season (and playoff series). And there's always next year. What I said last year is still true – I'm not going to stop believing in Memphis.
– If you've always wanted to meet Lisa Marie Presley (Elvis' daughter), tonight's your chance – she's signing copies of her new record, "Storm and Grace" at Sun Studio tonight at 7 p.m.
– Speaking of Elvis, the Brooks Museum of Art is accepting submissions for their Elvis art contest.
– Those crazy Memphis Yelpers are at it again, and this time, they're making a list of the 100 Places to Go in Memphis.
– It's not just going to be a Bass Pro – now the plans for the Pyramid include a three-story hotel (and more massive water features).
– If you've ever wondered what the houses of notable local architects look like, the Business Journal has photos.