***We have a winner!****
Congratulations to Cynthia, whose limerick about cheese cracked me up:
"Pepperjack, Brie and/or Havarti,
Put 'em on a cracker and you've got a party.
But too much cheese will block,
So know when to stop,
Or prepare to spend some time on the potty."
In honor of Earth Day, the Whole Foods on Poplar is having a local food fair to encourage people to help the local economy and the environment by shopping local. In honor of the local food fair, Whole Foods has given me a giant basket of locally-made food to give to one of you.
Everything in this basket of food comes from within 200 miles of Memphis. Here's what's in it:
– Jones Orchard strawberries (Millington, Tenn.)
– Braggadocio popcorn and basmati rice from McKaskle Family Farms (Braggadocio, Mo.)
– Cocoa Tree peanut butter chocolate bites (Nashville, Tenn.)
– Sonny Salt (Memphis, Tenn.)
– Willa's shortbread cookies (Madison, Tenn.)
– Thistle Farms body butter (Nashville, Tenn.)
– Yippie Hippie granola (Memphis, Tenn.)
– Tahitian bon bons from Journey to Bliss Raw Foods (Smyrna, Tenn.)
– Cheese pizza from Geadello's Pizza (Nashville, Tenn.)
– Chocolate baklava from Kallis bakery (Memphis, Tenn.)
If you want to get your hands on the food, you've got until 8 p.m. tonight to write me a (not R-rated) limerick about either a) your favorite food item or b) your favorite place to be outside in Memphis.
In case it's been a while since your last limerick writing experience, they should go something like this:
- The limerick packs laughs anatomical
- In space that is quite economical,
- But the good ones I've seen
- So seldom are clean,
- And the clean ones so seldom are comical.
In order to be considered, your entry MUST be submitted by 8 p.m. tonight (April 19). No entries submitted after that will be accepted. If you don't see it on the site immediately – don't worry – I've gotten it, it just has to be approved. The winner will be chosen based entirely on my whims, so go big. Begging to win in the limerick will count against you. I'll announce the winner tomorrow morning.
If you don't win, you can always pick up every treat in the basket at Whole Foods on April 22/ During the day, they'll feature locally sourced foods (because you know that buying local is one of the easiest ways to help the local economy), the Fuel food truck, seed planting for families, and more.