Before I drop a bunch of Monday morning news on you, stare at this picture from yesterday's Rajun Cajun Crawfish Festival and pretend like it's still the weekend.
– First, a bit of sad news: Andrew Love, the saxophonist for the Memphis Horns, died last week at age 70.
– Due to weekends and holidays, tomorrow is tax day. Celebrate your annual recokoning with Uncle Sam with some free stuff.
– The University of Memphis is announcing their new athletic director at 2 p.m. today. His name is Tom Bowen, and here are five things we know about him so far.
– Muddy's Bakeshop has started renovating their new Broad Ave. bakery space. It's not going to be a full retail shop like their east Memphis bakery, but you will be able to pick up your orders there.
– Record Store Day – a wonderful holiday celebrating music shops that usually involves special releases and live shows – is coming up next weekend, and naturally, Memphis is celebrating with a record store crawl.